Hunting and Guides
Any questions you might have about hunting on our property, please check out some of our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) listed below.
1. Do I have to pay to hunt?
Answer: All of our guests can hunt on our property for free. What you are paying for is to lodge at the house.
2. Are the hunts guided?
Answer: No, when it comes to hunting on our property, it is all self-guided hunts.
3. Are decoys provided? Can I bring more?
Answer: We will provide a few duck decoys at all of the blinds, but you are more than welcome to bring more if you'd like. We do not provide any goose decoys though.
4. How is the duck hunting? What kind of numbers do we have?
Answer: Please keep in mind that you are not paying to hunt on our property and we are not guaranteeing you will limit out. We have had folks shoot several ducks during their hunts. Mostly wood ducks, mallards, gadwalls, and green-winged teal.
5. Should I book a guide or find other places to hunt during my stay?
Answer: Yes, we highly recommend our guests check out other places, whether it be WMAs or day leases or booking with a guide. Please check out our list of recommended guide services provided below.
6. Can I bring an ATV?
Answer: If you are staying at Salt Bayou and plan on hunting there, we highly recommend it. If you drive your truck or car back to the blinds, you will get stuck. You can either walk to the blinds or drive an ATV. Please keep in mind you will need to keep it locked up during your stay. We will not be held accountable for any stolen items.
7. Can I bring a boat to use on the property?
Answer: No. Our neighbors have specifically asked that our guests not drive up and down the bayou, trespassing on their property. So boats cannot be used on our property. Trespassing will not be tolerated.
8. Can I bring my dog(s)?
Answer: Yes, dogs are welcome. Salt Bayou has covered kennels that can house up to 4 dogs comfortably. At Crooked Creek, dogs are allowed in the boot room so long as they stay in their dog crate. Pet owners are responsible for any damage their dogs do to the house.
OTHER HUNTING OPPORTUNITIES
3. Arkansas River
4. White River
Day Leases for Self-Guided Hunts
1. Emerson McBryde: 501-215-7695
2 spots available. Each spot is $450 for a group of up to 6 people.
One spot is a buck brush slough with a blind. The second spot is a Willow/Oak slough with no blind. Both about 10-15 minutes from either lodge. Limited availability.
2. Arkansas County Duck Guide Service (Chad Lloyd): 870-830-7430
Day leases available.
1. Charles Neal: 870-344-1212
Timber hunts only.
2. Clay Parker: 870-552-5044
Timber hunts available if ducks using it, fields if they aren't; goose hunts also available. Please call after June 1st.
3. Duck Down Guide Service (Ryan Henderson): 870-592-8565
Ducks and geese.
4. Grayson Rayburn: 501-747-3717
Mostly rice fields; ducks and geese.
5. Arkansas County Duck Guide Service (Chad Lloyd): 870-830-7430
6. Call n Anser Outfitters (Adam Kleinpeter): 225-892-2876
Ducks and geese.
7. Delta Flyway Outfitters (Cade Endl): 501-626-7024
Mainly geese, but some ducks.
8. Wings of the Prairie Outfitters (Lewie Casper): 218-585-1195
Ducks and geese.
9. Top of the Flyway Outfitters (Nick Posusta): 320-224-3615